Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Phantom of the Opera



Recently in our valley, Wenatchee High School had a performance of The Phantom of the Opera. Personally, I've never been much for high school plays, since, well, they're high school plays. However, my grandma had a extra ticket so I said what the heck.
I don't have a lot of knowledge about the play, I watched the most recent hollywood movie of it in like sixth grade choir or something like that. But I did know most of the songs.
I totally thought it was going to suck. TOTALLY DIDN'T. Ohmygosh it was so good. I had no idea the amount of talent Wenatchee High School has. The stage decorations were fantastic (my friend Juliet did most of the lighting on the chandelier!) and the casting was perfect. I cannot believe the singing voices some of those high school students had. The biggest surprise to me was when I was looking through the program and saw who was playing Christine. It was a girl who I had history with that was very shy and I had never heard her speak. THE GIRL CAN SING. Like wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment