Thursday, December 13, 2012

Earth Vs. Humans


 
There is pleasure in the pathless woods;
There is a rapture on the lonely shore;
There is society, where none intrudes.
By the deep sea, and the music in its roar;
I love not man the less, but Nature more...
- Lord Byron
 
This poem so easily wraps up my general opinion of the world. I believe we don't need all our stuff and mundane socialization to be happy in our lives. We are so lucky to be on this beautiful earth and it is our home. But we continue to build our skyscrapers on the land and dump our waste into the rivers. I know that we have reasons for these things, and I'm not saying everything humans do is bad. I just think we could be wiser with our decisions and open our eyes to realize we are not the center of the universe. But why do we start that way? What makes us so superior to think we can just run everything and do whatever we want? There's a million billion universes out there, we are minuscule. We are not special. We are just a bunch of atoms thrown together. But we don't think about this. I prefer observing the natural wonders around us than worrying too much about my own puny life.
 
 
Its not that I don't love humans, I just love nature more...

No comments:

Post a Comment