Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars.jpg
First off: John Green = GENIUS.
I've never had a favorite author, but now I do.
His book, The Fault in Our Stars, is currently my favorite book.
Why is it my favorite? Because its relatable, much like all of John's books.
Stars follows Hazel, a sixteen-year-old cancer patient who is forced by her parents to attend a support group, where she subsequently meets and falls in love with the seventeen-year-old Augustus Waters, an ex-basketball player and amputee.
Hazel has some similarities to that of our other cancer patient, Dr. Vivian Bearing.
Hazel, too, is very cold at first but her cancer transforms her into a much more compassionate person. Hazel doesn't die in the book, which I like because I don't like death.
Sadly *SPOILER ALERT* Augustus does. Boy did I cry. You know a book is good when it brings out your emotions.
The cancer thing hit home with me, and so did Hazel's depression. I've been there sister. The whole book just had a lot of elements that really made me think and I could relate to personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment