Thursday, December 13, 2012

Pole Vault

This crazy crazy sport. I'm still not sure why I do it. There are SO many things that could go wrong. Your pole snaps. You swing up too early. You swing up too late. You don't swing up at all. You crash into the standard. You crash into the bar. You fly off the pit. Let's just say don't ever YouTube pole vaulting accidents.
But what about me, or anyone else who vaults or does a dangerous sport, wants to do this?
That adrenaline rush. That accomplishment of clearing the bar and PRing. If I get hurt, then I get hurt. It happens every day to people, I'm not special. I'm not invincible. But shouldn't my survival instincts stop me from putting myself in danger? Who knows. Maybe the human race has evolved beyond that now, and that's why we are able to do all these extreme sports now. The only thing I know for sure is that nothing beats that rush.
 
Hehe watch at your own risk:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment